Home » Briefly in English » History

History


The Building Information Foundation RTS sr was established in 1972, when the Finnish Association of Architects gave the Foundation the RT Building Information File and Rakennusmestarien Keskusliitto (Central Association of Construction Engineers) the Helsinki Building Centre as basic capital.

The second oldest building centre in the world, the Helsinki Building Centre was founded in 1932 under the name of Permanent Building Products Exhibition. The RT File was first published in 1942 to fill the need for standardisation and guidelines for reconstruction caused by the war. Ever since, the Foundation has been responsible for drawing up guidelines for the construction sector and construction centre activities in Finland.

In 1974, the Foundation established Building Book Ltd, today known as Building Information Ltd., for its business operations. In accordance with the Building Information Foundation RTS's mission, the company was to publish books and information products and was in charge of the building products exhibition.